Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Message from an Alumnus

This just in: a few inspiring words from former SFLO tutor and OT member, Theresa ("T-bird") Sedore. Motivated by her wonderful experiences in Ottawa, Theresa has now signed up to volunteer with Lakehead Students for Literacy while at Teachers' College in the T-dot B-dot.

Here's what Theresa has to say....

Thank you, Frontier College for all the experiences you have allowed me to grow through. I worked with Frontier College for three years through a variety of programs offered in Ottawa. Now I am in Thunder Bay completing Teachers' College. As I prepare for my first placement, I am overwhelmed with the amount of knowledge I have aquired from Frontier College. For instance, one of my course requirements is Language Arts/Literacy Education: all of the topics we cover address experiences I have faced through my experiences with Frontier College. This has provided confidence towards teaching the subject of Language Arts as well as other subjects. I want to thank everyone who has supported me through my experiences and most of all let you know that I still value every moment I have had as a volunteer. I can't wait until my next experience with this organization and the wonderful people that lead and support the volunteers.
--Theresa Sedore

1 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Theresa!

We miss you at the Rideau Reading Circle. Hope everything is going well at teachers college.

Louise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home