Friday, February 17, 2006

Blogger Discovery!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Every now and again in the development and learning curve of a novice blogger we figure something out that is exciting beyond words.

For months I had accepted that I was unable to figure out how to upload PDF and word files to the blog. Now, before I explain my discovery, take a moment to scroll over to the Best of Blog section. Click on either the November or October Newsletter and then come back. I'll wait.

See! Direct links to PDFs! Not only that - I have also figured out a way to direct link to Word Documents. Like this one. See!

This is a big step for me. Right up there with figuring out how to link from pictures on blogger. Let me share with you how it occured.

Courtesy of A Chair, a Fireplace and a Tea Cosy I have discovered a site called Peanut Butter Wiki. It's official Wiki is HERE. Essentially, its a free program that helps you put stuff up to share online. You can register HERE for your own. I've started up an SFLO one HERE and am thinking it might be a good place to house resource documents for tutors - a sort of online virtual resource library.

At any rate. Very excited.

In other news, I am hosting my home Scrabble Party tonight. I have about eight people coming over - which should be cosy given the size of the apartment. I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes. Lyndsay had hers a few weeks ago and it went well. I'll aim to take some pictures.

Other points of interest on line in the last few days include:

1. Chicken Spaghetti is having a Carnival of Children's Literature. If you have questions about what this is, please visit my previous post on Blog Carnivals HERE. Perhaps I'll be organized enough to enter a post this time.

2. Book with potential was written up on Book Moot. The book is called Veronica by Roger Duvoisin and was originally publshed in 1961 - so this is a re-print. I just think I have a thing for books about hippopotamuses. This might stem from having seen Madagasgar - but I'm sure I thought they were endearing beforehand as well. Anyway, doesn't it look like it has potential:



3. Courtesy of Read Alert, Marilyn Manson will be starring in a Lewis Carroll Movie. More info on that here.

4. Travelling to Literacy has a nice posting on the use of Rhyme. For those interested in that, we did a previous one on the issue here.

5. The UNESCO Blog had some stuff on UNESCO at 60 and links to the Education for all Site (as one of the Millenium Goals, or MDGs)

And that, I believe, is that.

Hopefully our Scrabble Night gets re-scheduled soon.

Until then!

Louise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home