Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Literacy Limps Into the Kill Zone

What a great title, eh? Every so often, some curmudgeonly but eloquent opinionists grouch about in the online media, lamenting the fact that the Internet age is taking the art of the written language to heck in a handbasket. A feature at Wired.com this week brings up the old argument again, with all the finesse and sophistication necessary to make the argument that much stronger. It's definitely worth a read!

But...does it really matter if I write an e-mail all in lowercase? ...or if I forget to hit spell check before posting this blog entry? ....or if my msn Messenger chat ends with the line "c u l8r?" (I must admit the last one still irks me somewhat.) What qualifies as "literacy?"

-Lyndsay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home