Monday, March 20, 2006

My first post as ME!

So welcome to my first real post as ME!

I still haven't worked out how to get our profile back up at the top of the right-hand column of the blog, but I'm sure I'll get there.

Lots to report on this morning - but quickly on the reading circle front, I was happy to see that we had two new kids on Saturday, one new volunteer, and a most probable commitment from the library, volunteers and parents to extend the circle until the end of April! So all is well on the circle front.

In the blogging world here goes:

1. Big A little a reports that Lynne Truss is doing a modification of Eats, Shoots and Leaves for kids. Yippy! Looking forward to it. You will note that it is listed as one of our favorite books in our profile. We've also posted previously on Ms Truss HERE. The comments on the post will certainly make me punctuation check my posts more closely. Just don't get my mom started on my challenges with, commas :).

2. Also courtesy of Big A little a, as well as originally courtesy of Fuse 8 productions - link to a sight called Kids Speak!, which provides a venue for children to post about censorship issues in children's books. We posted on this issue quite frequently a few weeks ago during Freedom to Read Week.

3. Big A little also has a nice post about Dragons. While they don't rank as high as aquatic animals for me, I'm still a fan.

4. Fuse 8 also has a link to an article on "the man who hated Pooh" and according to Kids Lit, Marvel Comics and DC Comics aref filing to trademark use of the term "Super-Hero."

5. Finally, Jen Robinson's Book page has a link to a story about how Harry Potter may be increasing reading among kids in the US. I am willing to give the little magician some credit. Indeed, this story from the UK also lends credence to the theory that kids are reading more with the Harry Potter craze. We posted on this entertaining study HERE.

And that's it for me. Wishing you all a good week!

Louise

1 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Jen Robinson said...

Hi Louise,

Congratulations on posting as yourself! Isn't technology great? Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for the link, and for pointing me to the article about reduced injuries after a Harry Potter book comes out. That's a wonderful thing! Have a great week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home