Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Two more noteworthy blogs

Hiya,

So through the Carnival over at Chicken Spaghetti I came across another blog I will be adding to the blogroll along the side. A Fuse #8 Production, covers children's literature (shock that I would be writing about that, I know...) and does so in quite an amusing way. The author is a librarian in New York and, among other features on her site, has a section on "Hot Men in Children's Literature" (so far: Philip Nel, Patrick Arrasmith, Mo Willems (yay!) and Brian Selznick). She reviewed Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! for the Carnival, which is one of my favorite children's books. Other interesting facts I learnt from the site:

1) There's going to be a Where the Wild Things Are movie!

2) She reviewed The Babysitters Club! I have to appreciate any site that reviews the series. It was right up there with Sweet Valley High when I was in Elementary School and Junior High.

Through Cachibachis, I came across The Magic of Books which is also chock full of children's book reviews. Another good resource - and (AND!) we're on their blogroll! Thank you again to them! Also of note over at Cachibachis, is commentary on a Mem Fox Book - Feathers and Fools. I'm a fan of Mem Fox.

In other fun links from the Carnival is this tips page for writing children's books and this song about blogs (go on, don't laugh).

Big A little a has a post linking to a blog called Wands and Worlds which is focusing on reviews of books by smaller presses this month.

And, last but not least, Book Moot is reviewing a book about ER Vets! Tend to notice that most books about animals are a hit!



In the news, this is late, but I include it because it is an announcement of a Students for Literacy Activity at Laurier! I hope their event went well - what a great idea!

PUBLICATION: The Record (Kitchener, Cambridge and Waterloo)
DATE: 2006.03.07

Curious George is set to boost literacy

Curious George will be making an appearance in Waterloo.

Laurier Students for Literacy is hosting a free event for kids this Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to noon in Laurier's concourse. There will be games, Curious George books to read and kids can get their picture taken with the adventurous monkey.

--------------------------

Louise

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger PJ Librarian said...

Hi Louise!
As Whinney the Pooh's friend Eeyore would say "Thanks for noticing me". It has been fun discovering all the wonderful Children's lit blogs out there. And, you have just introduced me to a few more I hadn't yet found. Thanks.
PJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home