Thursday, April 13, 2006

Blog Idol!

WARNING! - we're about to toot our own horn.

So, was surfing around yesterday and came across a new site called Frontier College V Spot. Speculating that that's likely V for volunteer. Also THINKING it might be someone in Toronto behind it... You know Toronto - that OTHER Canadian centre of the universe?

But check it out - we are their Blog Idol! AND they include a photo of Lyndsay and me. I even manage to have my eyes open!



That's Lyndsay of the left and me on the right. Photo was taken last August at the Summer Leadership Forum in Toronto.

Apparently, the honour of Blog Idol is bestowed on us for being "simply excellent." Our blog is also "a wonderful collection of wit, useful information and updates for volunteers." I think we might have to start an "I love me wall" in the side column of the blog and post that quote.

(You all know about I love me walls, right? That wall you had in your room as a kid where you put up all your ribbons and certificates from various things you got in order to remind yourself just how fabulous you were? Hoping that wasn't just me....)

Anyway - a warm thank you for the compliments. And relief that the honour of Blog Idol didn't involve having to sing for a panel of judges.

Okay - I'll stop this now. Sincere thanks again for the recognition. I mean, hey - as volunteers we're big on recognition. And we'll be sure to visit often to see what Vspot is up to!

Urging you all to go forth and be simply excellent.

2 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Jen Robinson said...

Hi Louise,

Congratulations on being a blog idol! I think that's very cool, and much deserved. I'm constantly amazed at how much you're able to post on your blog, and how well you're able to keep up with the blog/lit side of things and the literacy/volunteering side of things. So I'm happy to see you get recognition for it. Oh, and your comment on the "No cleaning fishing in the toilet" sign made me laugh out loud. Have a great weekend!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Vincent Riccio said...

Once again, thank you for the recognition, much appreciated!

Vincent Riccio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home