Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Words at Large

We seem to be on a bit of a run for picking up on new Websites.

Be sure to check out CBC's new Website called Words at Large.

It's a web portal from CBC where Canadians "can take a journey into the world of books, poetry, drama, literature, literacy and much more."

It provides access to "radio programming, podcasts, a blog, lists and information that will entertain and inform you on the written word in Canada and around the world."

Of additional interest, it has a specific section dedicated to literacy. There you can find links to literacy events, awards and organizations.

Info courtesy of NALD Headline News.

Also of interest on the new website front is Inside a Dog a new website by the same blogger who does Read Alert. It is a new site about books for young people. You can link to some further info and commentary about it HERE.

Finally, Jen Robinson, who does one of my favorite blogs, points out new kiddie blogger on the block, Kurtis who has a blog named Outside of a Cat.

Few more posts to follow momentarily. Life has gotten in the way of blogging for the last few days!

2 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Jen Robinson said...

Hi Louise,

Just wanted to say thanks for this: "Jen Robinson, who does one of my favorite blogs"...

I'm catching up on the blogs after a few days off, and you brightened my day!

I also liked the link to the story about boys and reading. Have a great week!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Louise said...

Hey,

Just noticed your comment - my pleasure. Happy to give credit when it's due.

I suspect I may be blogging a bit more sporatically (like last week) for the next month or so - work will likely be busy until the end of June and I am starting work on the Masters again.

But when I ignore blogging for a bit I miss it - and all the postings on the other sites.

Signing off before I start having deep thoughts about the need for balance.

Have a great week too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home