Monday, August 28, 2006

Bee Sharp!

(As opposed to the B- Flats)

In seriousness, new initiative recently announced by ABC Canada for International Literacy Day on September 8, 2006.

They have launched a new website called My Bee in a Box. Basically, they want kids - either at home or in school - to participate in non-competitive spelling bee's on September 8th in honour of International Literacy Day and to promote awareness for literacy. All the materials are available online - including a list of various word games which may be of interest to tutors.

I'm a little bummed that I'm probably too old to receive some of the "bee-lated" merchandise.

Otherwise its all quite bee-lightful.

Sorry. I'll stop this now :)

Two final and totally unrelated links of interest. To those of you (like me) who have always toyed with the idea of writing a novel someday, you may find this post quite good. I was unfamiliar with the blog, so thanks again to Jen Robinson for drawing it to my attention.

And you can go HERE to find out what celebrities you look like. Thanks to A Chair, A Fireplace and a Tea Cozy for that one.

2 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Susan said...

Welcome back! It's good to see y'all posting again.

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Jen Robinson said...

Welcome back, Louise! I've definitely missed your posts this summer. It's great to have you back in the loop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home