Monday, August 28, 2006

"How I Spent My Summer Vacation"

Also known as my "In case you were wondering what happened to me since late April" Post.

I give you the following options:

1. Strange lady gave me an apple. I just woke up and met this really cute guy.
2. Like many others, I was simply far too upset about the new state of Pluto to blog.
3. I was paying homage to some of my favorite non-kiddie lit bloggers, and doing my best impression of Andrew Coyne.
4. Pricked my finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel. See point one.
5. Was too overcome with excitement at the prospect of a Season 8 of Buffy to blog (seriously, this is very cool).
6. Fell down a rabbit hole. Adventure ensued. Just back.
7. Was suspended for failing to do my summer reading.
8. Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip, That started from this tropic port (Okay, Ottawa, but suspend disbelief), aboard this tiny ship. The mate was a mighty sailin' man, the Skipper brave and sure. Five passengers set sail that day for a three hour tour. A three hour tour.
9. I tried to go to Trent's literacy conference again and had less success than last time.
10. Ran off with Lyndsay's "Summer Reading, Naked Blog" man. But didn't work out so I'm back.

But seriously, you ask, where was I? Finishing my MA in Political Science. And now it's done. Done. DONE!!! The paper (on electoral reform in Canada) is handed in and I'm just waiting for the result (which is far less stressful than still writing it). AND, on top of that (and related to it) I have what promises to be a wonderful part-time job on select weekends as a facilitator with the Ontario Citizen's Assembly on Electoral Reform. This sadly means I will be less involved with the reading circles next year (I don't think its fair to commit to volunteering if I know I can't be there regularly because the kids get attached to you). However, I hope to stay involved with some of the other Organizational Team (OT) work here with Frontier College in Ottawa. And I hope to get back into the blog swing of things and hopefully have a few of the the new OTers join in too.

That said, I'll stop breaking that cardinal rule of blogging (don't apologize for being absent because people generally don't care why you weren't there) and get on with it.

Cheers,

3 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

Louise - this is a very entertaining post! I loved it. I have been very deliquent on BookCarousel since the kids have been out of school over the summer. But school starts up again tomorrow, so I hope to be back to posting shortly!

Welcome back and congrats on finishing your MA - what an accomplishment!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Welcome back! You've been missed :) Congrats on the MA.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger PJ Librarian said...

I am a bit behind in my blog readings, but I did want to say welcome back and a big Congrats for your MA. Now, let's really hear what is behind the Snow White, Sleeping Beauty met a cute guy story......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home